Graduate with more than a degree.
Explore your career options with Arts Co-op, while gaining 12-16 months of paid, professional work experience and a network of contacts.
What can Arts Co-op do for you?
Success after graduation
- 90% of Canadian co-op grads receive job offers within 1 month after graduation
- Co-op grads earn 12% higher starting salaries than non-co-op grads
Lower student debt or no debt at all
- Average co-op earnings over 3 work terms = $25,000
- Total co-op fees over 3 work terms = $2,250
- Return on investment = $22,750
Job search skills
- Techniques for writing effective resumes and cover letters
- One-on-one interview preparation
Enriched classroom learning
- Discover how your degree applies in the workplace
What types of work and employers can you expect?
Arts Co-op students work in a wide range of non-profit, public, and private sector jobs that can be found in the Lower Mainland, across Canada, or abroad. Employers include organizations such as:
|Time Warner Hong Kong||Aboriginal Affairs & Northern Development Canada|
|Vancouver Airport Authority||Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada|
|Samsung||Canadian Cancer Society|
|Canadian Space Agency||Union Gospel Mission|
|Environment Canada||BC Lung Association|
|Harbour Publishing||Canadian Mental Health Association|
Arts Co-op students work in areas such as:
|Communications & Marketing||Event & Project Management|
|Fundraising & Proposal Writing||Statistical Analysis|
|GIS & Mapping||Technical Writing|
|Research & Policy Analysis||Web Design|
|Program Administration||Gallery & Museum Tours|
Applying to Arts Co-op
Intake is once each year in September and is open to students in 2nd or 3rd year. Visit www.artscoop.ubc.ca for eligibility details, info session dates, and application process.
What alumni say about their journeys in co-op:
“Doing a Co-op degree was the smartest choice I made at UBC!”
– Phil Casey, BA , Geography & Visual Arts
“Co-op helped me to decide what I wanted to do with my career.”
– Jouel Tiu, BA, English Literature & Commerce
“The Co-op program sets you apart from other graduates…head and shoulders above.”
– Simon Lai, BA, Economics & International Relations
Read profiles about the experiences of these and other co-op students.