Our office assists Arts students throughout their degree: from helping you understand your degree requirements and responsibilities, to connecting you to appropriate support resources, to approving your application for graduation. Information for prospective students can be found on the UBC admissions website.
Monday – Friday 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
Closed weekends and statutory holidays
Our front counter and phone staff (604.822.4028) can answer many of your general questions.
Available from 1pm to 4pm, Monday through Thursday.
Drop-in operates on a first come, first served basis. We begin signing students in at exactly 1pm and end at 4pm.
Please note: drop-in advising will be OPEN on Friday, March 3 and Friday March 10 to provide additional support for summer registration.
Address, Email, Phone + Fax
Arts Academic Advising
The University of British Columbia
Buchanan D111, 1866 Main Mall
Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z1
We are located near Meekison Arts Students’ Space
Current UBC students
Contact Enrolment Services at 604.822.3014 or toll-free (Canada and the US) at 1.877.272.1422
International Student Initiative
Brock Hall, Welcome Centre
1874 East Mall, Room 1200
Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z1
Visit us in person Monday to Friday 9:30 am – 4:00 pm (PT)
Toll-free (Canada and the US) 1.877.272.1422
Prospective students, ask your admissions-related questions here.
Still not sure who you should contact? Click here.
How to prepare for your visit
Some ways that you can prepare for your appointment:
- New students visiting Arts for the first time are required to complete the First-Year Planning Tool.
- Review this website: Doing some research may answer some of your questions and it may help you to come up with some new ones. Doing your research first will allow you to get the most out of your time with an advisor.
- Review your Degree Navigator report: Degree Navigator is a helpful tool, but can be a bit difficult to read. The staff in Arts Academic Advising can help with understanding your report.
If you have a booked appointment and are unable to make it, please call 604.822.4028 to let us know.
What You Can Expect from Us
You are entitled to:
- our individual attention
- accurate knowledge of Arts’ degree requirements
- answers to your questions
- referral to appropriate services
- assistance with understanding how to use tools like Degree Navigator, UBC websites, and the academic calendar
What we ask of you:
- prepare for your appointments
- follow up on referrals we’ve provided you
- attend and participate in class
- contact us immediately if you suffer from a condition that is negatively affecting your academic success
- be patient and do not send your request for information to several different administrators and advisors. We will respond to your requests as soon as we find the information
- take advantage of UBC student services and resources, including student clubs and events